[My Charity Account] Resending Tax Receipts to Your Donors
Although CanadaHelps issues tax receipts on your behalf, if you receive phone calls/emails from donors asking if you can resend their tax receipt, follow these steps to resend tax receipts to your donors:
1. Login to your CanadaHelps charity account and click on the ‘Donation Reports’ tab.
2. Scroll down to the “Donation Summary” section and find the donor in the list. Or, use the search bar to look for the donor.
3. Under the ‘Actions’ column next to the donor’s details, click “Resend Tax Receipt”.
4. A pop-up prompt will ask you to verify the donor’s email address. If correct, click “Send Receipt”.
TIP: If the donor’s email address is incorrect, contact our support team and we’ll take care of the rest.
The ‘Resend Tax Receipt’ button is available for one-time and monthly donations made on:
- your Profile page
- any of your Customizable Donation Forms
- any of your Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaigns
- any donations of securities made to your organization.
NOTE: If a donor has selected the option to receive an aggregate receipt, their receipt will only be available for resending by February of the following calendar year.
The ‘Resend Tax Receipt’ button won’t appear for donations that:
- have been refunded
- were made through Customizable Donation Forms that have the Do not issue tax receipts option enabled
- were made by Anonymous donors
- were made on an Event page.
NOTE: you can resend event ticket/event donation tax receipts through the Ticketed Events tool.