How do I access the donor information for a cheque I received?
If you have received a cheque from us and want to find out who’s given to your charity, we’ll just want to make sure we’re sharing the donor’s personal information with an authorized member of your organization.
To access the donor information correlated with your cheque disbursement, simply sign up for a free Fundraising Account.
Registering with CanadaHelps is quick, secure, and easy! To begin your Charity’s registration, please click here and follow the prompts to set up your Charity’s Account.
Once you have told us a bit about yourself and your Charity, you will be prompted to sign up for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT). Thanks to our partnership with Flinks, a Canadian leader in secure financial data verification, the banking information that you enter here is encrypted, confidential, and is not stored anywhere. It is simply used for verification purposes.
To learn more about Flinks, please click here.
With EFT, you’ll enjoy the convenience of weekly automatic donations deposited directly into your Charity’s bank account, while also benefiting from 24/7 online access to donation reports!
Once your registration with CanadaHelps is complete, your Charity will benefit from:
- An array of fundraising tools offered by CanadaHelps.org (ie. peer to peer social fundraising and ticketed events!)
- A profile page on the CanadaHelps website where your Charity can display your mission statement, donor testimonials, and multi-media materials
- Customizable donation forms that can be embedded onto your Charity’s website
- Our built-in thank you tool for personalized communications
- Anytime access to CSV. reports for ease in exporting/analyzing data
and much more!
Please also note that if your Charity does not have banking set up or if your Charity is unable to set up weekly EFT’s at this time, your organization can still register for a full fundraising account with CanadaHelps!
All we require is an official document that confirms your charitable status with the CRA that only a member of your organization would have access to.
The document may be one of the following (but not limited to):
- Confirmation of charitable status (mailed or sent by the CRA)
- Incorporation papers (This must also include your charitable business number)
- Confirmation of T3010 filing
- Notice of debit / deposit (Tax Return)
- Other official documentation from the CRA showing your charitable legal number [Ex. 896568417RR0001]
Please scan and forward your charities’ CRA document to firstname.lastname@example.org for a member on our team to review.
Kindly note that we cannot accept any documents where the information can be manually entered. We may also request a supporting document should any further verification be required.
Thank you for your interest in registering with CanadaHelps!
If you have any more questions, feel free to give us a call at 877-755-1595 or email us at email@example.com
Are you already signed up for a CanadaHelps account?
—>Learn how to view your donor information in your My Charity account.