CanadaHelps is a self-funded charity and we charge a transaction fee between 2% – 5.5% of donations, depending on the type of donation made (i.e., where the donation is made):
- One-time donations from your Charity Profile: 4.0%
- All Monthly donations (including those made through CDF, Charity Profile, and P2P^): 3.5%
- Customizable Donation Forms (CDF): 3.75%
- Ticketed Events management: 5.0%
- Peer-to-Peer social fundraising (P2P): 5.5%
- Securities donations (stocks or mutual funds): 2.0-3.0%*
- Cryptocurrency donations: 2.0-3.0%*
* 3% fee applies to donations less than $10,000; 2.5% fee applies to donations between $10,000-$49,999; 2.25% fee applies to donations between $50,000-$99,999; 2% fee applies to donations $100,000+
We deduct the transaction fee from the donation before sending it to your charity, and it covers all aspects of processing the transaction, including the credit card merchant rate, credit card transaction charge, reconciliation, tax-receipting, and disbursement-related costs.
Overall, just 1.8% of each donation comes back to CanadaHelps, so we can continue to build the new and innovative online fundraising tools that small-to-medium charities need, at the best, non-commercial rates.