New Donation Form
All charities start off with two pre-created Donation Forms in their account when they sign up for a CanadaHelps Full Fundraising Account. You can edit your existing form or you can create a new donation form. It only takes a couple of minutes!
NOTE: Your donation form is only visible to someone logged into your charity account. It is not live anywhere until you start sharing it (i.e., on your website, in an email, etc.).
1. Login to your Charity Account and click on the ‘Donation Forms’ tab.
2. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, where you’ll see your charity’s two pre-created Donation Forms (regular donations and securities donation forms), which you can edit by clicking on the pencil icon. Otherwise, click on the ‘Create New Form’ button to create an entirely new donation form.
TIP: Don’t see your Customizable Donation Forms? Make sure you’re signed up for a Full Fundraising account. Upgrading from a Basic account is completely free.
Note: If your Charity wants to copy an existing form, maintaining all of the same branding and setting options, simply select the ‘Copy’ icon.
This will prompt a dialogue box where your Charity can insert a new form name.
After selecting ‘Make a Copy‘, a new form is created and added to the top of your donation forms list with the “amounts raised” also being reset.
3. If you have selected the option to create a new form, you will then be prompted to insert a name for your new form as well as the form type.
You will have access to the full navigation section once you hit ‘save‘.
On the next page, you will find yourself in the full navigation section. All edits to your customized donation form can be made in either of these two tabs.
Note: Any changes made within the navigation section will instantly reflect in the preview section on the right.
Below is a short clip that shows how changes in the ‘core settings’ tab would auto-populate in the preview section:
Above the navigation section is where you will find the navigation header. The screenshot below captures each icon included in the navigation header and its intended use:
In addition to the navigation header is the preview header. The screenshot below captures each icon available included in the preview header and its intended use:
Which donation form type should I use?
That’s entirely up to you! Here are some things to consider when choosing your donation form type:
- Full form: A one-page scroll-through process, this requires the fewest clicks of your donors. Example Full form
- Multi step form: Breaks the donation process down into 3 easy steps. The smaller format is also great for featuring an emotive background image. Example Multi step form
- Tribute First form: Brings the Dedication Information box (i.e., in honour/memory of) to the top of your form. Great for encouraging tribute gifts. Example Tribute First form
- Securities form: Only processes gifts of stocks or mutual funds. Example Securities form. Click to find out why this type of gift is beneficial to both your charity and your donors!