[Donor Management System] Navigating the Opportunities Tab
- By selecting Opportunities in the Main Menu, you will be directed to the Opportunities Tab.
- The Opportunities Tab is a management resource for your organization that enables you to record and track the status of medium to long-term requests like grant applications, major gifts, and special projects.
- Each Opportunity is associated with both a Contact in the DMS (the Contact you are approaching for the Opportunity) and a DMS User (the individual at your organization responsible for overseeing the Opportunity).
- To access a single Opportunity, click on the Name of the Opportunity.
- You can also add an Opportunity from this tab by selecting Add Opportunities in the top right corner.
Opportunities List Columns
- Opportunity Name: the name of the grant or project.
- Prospect: the name of the Contact you are approaching for the Opportunity.
- Status: the stage the Opportunity is in such as Submitted, Eligible, etc.
- Type: if the Opportunity is a grant, donation cultivation or another project.
- Application Deadline: the deadline for when an application for this Opportunity is due.
- Amount Requested: the monetary amount requested for each Opportunity.
- Amount Received: the monetary amount received for each Opportunity.
- Report due: the deadline for when a report for this Opportunity is due.
- The default number of Rows displayed on the Opportunities Tab is set to 50.
- To adjust the number of Rows of Opportunities displayed in the list view, scroll to the bottom of the page and press the “up” or “down” arrows on the box that is labelled Rows.
- To the right of the box labelled Rows are the number of pages of rows, the total number of Opportunities in your DMS, as well as the ability to navigate to the next page list view.
- To navigate to the next page of Opportunities, click the arrow pointing right on the far right side of the page. Click on the arrow pointing left to go back to the previous page.
- You can filter by Opportunity Type by clicking on All Opportunities and selecting a Type.
- There are many Actions you can perform from the Opportunities Tab to one or more Opportunities.
- The available Actions include deleting, exporting or printing Opportunities.
Performing an Action
1. To perform an Action, search for a specific Opportunity or select either:
- (1) The specific Opportunities you wish to perform an Action to,
- (2) Every listed Opportunity on the page, or
- (3) All Opportunities in your search criteria
2. Select the Actions menu at the upper-left side of the Opportunities list and then select your desired Action.
- Delete Opportunities: completely removes an Opportunity and its information from the DMS.
- Export Opportunities: exports selected Opportunities to a .csv format (opens with any version of Excel or Google Sheets).
- Print Selected Rows: prints the selected Opportunities’ information via your web browser.