[Donor Management System] Navigating the Contributions Tab
- By selecting Contributions in the Main Menu, you will be directed to the main screen of the Contributions Tab.
- The main screen of the Contributions Tab presents a list of every Contribution in the DMS in order of the most recent Contribution Date.
- Each time a new Contribution is added to the DMS, it will appear at the top of the list
- To access a Contribution record, click on its Reference Number or View under the Reference column.
- You can also add a Contribution from this Tab by selecting Add Contribution in the top right corner.
Contributions List Columns
- Date: the date the Contribution was made.
- Name: Contact’s last, first names.
- Amount: the Contribution’s dollar amount. Select the amount to see the Contribution Details.
- Fund: the Fund the Contribution is associated with.
- Campaign: the Campaign the Contribution is associated with. Select its name to see the Campaign Details.
- Source: the source associated with that Contribution when it was originally imported into the DMS (e.g. Historical Data Import).
- Method: the original payment method of the Contribution.
- Receipt No.: if the Contribution was receipted, you’ll be able to see its Receipt Number.
- Thanked: if the Contact has been thanked for that Contribution (represented by a checkmark).
- The default number of Rows displayed on the Contributions Tab is set to 50.
- To adjust the number of Rows of Contributions displayed in the list view, scroll to the bottom of the page and press the “up” or “down” arrows on the box that is labelled Rows.
- To the right of the box labelled Rows are the number of pages of rows, the total number of Contributions in your DMS, as well as the ability to navigate to the next page list view.
- To navigate to the next page of Contributions, click the arrow pointing right on the far right side of the page. Click on the arrow pointing left to go back to the previous page.
- Recurring Contributions (e.g.: a monthly gift) will be indicated by the (Recurring) flag underneath the donation amount + Reference Number, and the “circular arrow symbol” underneath the Payment Method.
Filter Contributions by Fund
- To filter your Contribution by Fund, select All Contributions and then a Fund to display all Contributions linked to that Fund.
- There are many Actions you can perform from the Contributions Tab to one or more Contributions.
- The available Actions include exporting Contributions, issues Tax Receipts and more.
Perform an Action
1. To perform an Action, select either:
- (1) The specific Contributions you wish to perform an Action to,
- (2) Every listed Contribution on the page, or
- (3) All Contributions in your search criteria
2. Once you have selected the Contribution(s), select the Actions button on the top left corner of the page.
3. When you select the Actions button, a dropdown menu of available Actions will become available. If there is a particular Action you wish to take, you can find it by scrolling the Actions list.
- Export Contributions: exports selected Contributions to a .csv format
- Issue Tax Receipts (Each Contribution): issue a separate tax receipt for each Contribution via email and/or PDF format
- Issue Tax Receipts (Combined): issue a combined tax receipt with total contributed via email and/or PDF format
- Print Selected Rows: print the selected Contribution details
- Say Thanks: thank the Contact associated with the Contribution via email or mail (print PDF)
- Update Pending Contribution Status: update Contributions with the status Pending