[Donor Management System] Modifying the Default Tax Receipt Thank You Note
This article will cover how to modify the Thank You Note at the top of the Tax Receipt itself.
–> Learn how to modify the Default Tax Receipt Emails instead
Default Thank You Note
The default Thank You Note sent through the DMS looks similar to this:
- You will still have to Thank your Donor in order to flag a Contribution as “Thanked”.
- You can only have one single Thank You Note when issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Tax Receipts.
- The same Tax Receipt Thank You Note will be used for issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Tax Receipts. You can’t use different Thank You Notes for each different action at this moment.
- To update your phone and email, you will need to modify your Organization Information.
- The HMTL Editor for the default Thank You Note only supports Source Code editing at this moment and not rich-text editing as seen on Email Templates.
Modifying the Default Thank You Note
1. Go to the Administer Tab
2. Under Communications, select Message Templates
3. On the next page, select System Workflow Messages
4. Then, you will see a list of all Default Messages in the DMS
5. Select Edit for CDN Tax Receipts – Thank you Note
6. You will then be able to edit the default Tax Receipt Thank You Note:
- Message Subject: please leave this field as is and don’t change its content.
- HTML Format: edit the content on this field with your desired message. The character limit is 360.
- Plain-Text Format: please leave this field as is and don’t change its content.
- Tokens: cycle through a list of merge tags to help you when sending emails / merging letters (e.g. “Hi contact.first.name“) on HMTL Format
- PDF Page Format: leave default selected for better PDF merge.
Note: To update your phone and email, you will need to modify your Organization Information.
7. Update your Thank You Note under the HTML Format box and leave the Plain-Text Format box blank.
8. When ready, select Save to finish or Save and Done to finish and go back to the Message Templates page.