[Donor Management System] Modifying the Default Tax Receipt Emails
This article will cover how to modify the message on the body of the Tax Receipt Email.
–> Learn how to modify the Default Tax Receipt PDF Message instead
Default Tax Receipt Emails
The default Tax Receipt emails sent through the DMS look similar to this:
Although you can continue to use the default emails, you can modify them to your satisfaction.
- You can only set one single “From Email” when issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Tax Receipts. This is the same email when configuring your Tax Receipts.
- You can only have one single Template when issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Tax Receipts.
- The same Tax Receipt Email template will be used for issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Tax Receipts. You can’t use different templates for each different action at this moment.
- The HMTL Editor for the default Tax Receipt email only supports Source Code editing at this moment and not rich-text editing as seen on Email Templates.
Modifying the Default Tax Receipt Emails
1. Go to the Administer Tab
2. Under Communications, select Message Templates
3. On the next page, select System Workflow Messages
4. Then, you will see a list of all Default Messages in the DMS. The only Default Messages related to Tax Receipts are:
- CDN Tax Receipts – Email Annual/Aggregate Receipt: Email used when issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Combined Receipts with Total Contributed.
- CDN Tax Receipts – Email Single Receipt: Email used when issuing, re-issuing and cancelling Separate Receipt for Each Contribution.
5. Select Edit on either one of these two
6. You will then be able to edit the default Tax Receipt email:
- Message Title: internal name to help you manage your Default Templates. This name won’t show up to Contacts.
- Message Subject: Email Subject title that will appear to your Contacts.
- HTML Format: edit this Default Email using HTML code.
- Plain-Text Format: edit this Default Email using basic text formatting for Contact emails that don’t support rich text. We recommend having the same message here as in HTML Format.
- Tokens: cycle through a list of merge tags to help you when sending emails / merging letters (e.g. “Hi contact.first.name“) on Message Subject, HMTL Format & Plain-Text Format.
- PDF Page Format: leave default selected for better PDF merge.
7. When ready, select Save to finish or Save and Done to finish and go back to the Message Templates page.