[Donor Management System] How to Issue Tax Receipts for Couples
If you want to recognize a couple on a Tax Receipt, you can:
1. Add Michael and Holly each as Individual Contacts
2. Create Relationship links
- If you want to refer to them as “partners”, you should add a “Partner of” Relationship link on both Holly and Michael‘s Profiles.
- Or you can add a “Husband of” Relationship on Michael‘s Profile and “Wife of” Relationship on Holly‘s Profile.
3. Add a new Household Contact named “Holly Flax & Michael Scott Household” or similar. The Household name will show up on the Tax Receipt
- Add a main Billing Address to the Household so you can issue Tax Receipts to it.
4. Create Relationships between Holly and Michael + the “Holly Flax & Michael Scott” Household
- As an example, Holly Flax will be a “Household Member of” Holly Flax & Michael Scott Household.
5. Add your Contribution under the Household
6. Issue your Tax Receipt
- Before emailing/printing the Receipt, it’s advisable to run it as a Preview so you can see exactly how it will be issued.
7. To send the Receipt via email, include the desired email address on the Household Contact Profile.
- Creating Relationship links between Contacts is not necessarily mandatory, but we highly recommend doing it as a best practice to better segment and filter your Contacts’ information.
- Who is the true donor of this gift?