[Donor Management System] Updating a Contact’s Recurring Live Transaction
After adding a recurring Live Transaction, you can easily update the donor’s billing and payment information.
- At this moment, you can only update one single Live Transaction at a time
- You can only update a donor’s credit card information. To change a donor’s bank account information, you will need to visit iATS’ Portal.
First Step: Identify a specific Recurring Live Transaction
1. Go to the Contributions Tab
2. Search for the Contribution you wish to update
3. Select the Contact’s Name related to your desired Contribution
4. You will be directed to the Contact’s Profile. From there, select Contributions
5. You will see a list of all the Contributions associated with that Contact. Then, select DMS Recurring Contributions
6. Identify the Contribution you wish to update and select More
7. After that, you will be able to:
b. Update its billing details, and
c. Update the Contribution details such as amount, payment schedule, etc.
Cancelling a Single Recurring Live Transaction
1. Follow the steps above to identify the Recurring Live Transaction you wish to cancel
2. After selecting More, select Cancel
3. On the next page, you can add the Cancellation Reason (1) and also notify the Contact that the recurring donation has been cancelled (2)
4. If you decide to notify the Contact of these changes, they will receive an email notification mentioning that their Live Transaction was cancelled.
5. Once ready, select Cancel Recurring Contribution.
Updating Billing Details
Note: You can only update a donor’s credit card information. To change a donor’s bank account information, you will need to visit iATS’ Portal.
1. Follow the steps above to identify the Recurring Live Transaction you wish to update the billing details for
2. After selecting More, select Update Billing Details
3. On the next page, you will be able to update the Contact’s Payment Method
4. Once ready, select Save.
Updating More Details
In this option, you will be able to update the Recurring Live Transaction’s:
- Number of instalments,
- Next scheduled payment date,
- First payment’s start date, and
- A few more details related to the Contribution.
1. Follow the steps above to identify the Recurring Live Transaction you wish to update the additional details for
2. After selecting More, select Update Recurring Contribution
3. On the next page, you will see the following fields that can be updated:
- Recurring Contribution Amount: the total monetary amount for this donation.
- Number of Installments: Total number of payments to be made. Set this to 0 if this is an open-ended commitment i.e. no set end date.
- Next Scheduled Contribution Date: when you would like the next payment to be made by the donor.
- Notify Contributor: you can notify the Contact/donor of these changes.
- Campaign: the Campaign associated with this donation.
- Fund: the Fund this donation is going into.
- Status: whether the Live Transaction has been Cancelled, Completed, etc.
- Start Date: when the payments will start. You can only select a date from the time you’re adding this Online Contribution or a future one.
4. If you decide to notify the Contact of these changes, they will receive an email notification mentioning the changes you’ve made to their Live Transaction.
5. Once ready, select Save.