[Donor Management System] Modifying a Single CanadaHelps Contribution
While using your DMS, certain scenarios may require modifications to some Contributions coming from CanadaHelps.org to help in your administrative tasks.
- Modifying CanadaHelps Contributions in your DMS will not change these donations back on CanadaHelps.org.
- CanadaHelps.org will always maintain the original information provided by the donor.
- You won’t be able to modify any Tax Receipting information for these Contributions.
What can I modify from CanadaHelps Contributions in the DMS?
- A donor accidentally contributed to a different Fund or Campaign than they intended.
- A donor wishes to add, modify, or delete their dedication information (e.g. “In Memory of”).
- You wish to add a Note with more information about this Contribution.
- A donor accidentally marked their contribution as Recurring.
- A donor now wants their contribution to be Recurring.
Modifying a Single CanadaHelps Contribution
1. Go to the Contributions Tab and search for the Contribution you wish to modify. You may also wish to conduct an Advanced Search to filter by certain criteria.
2. Select the Contribution Amount to see its Details.
3. On the Contribution Details page, select Edit on the top right corner of the screen.
4. You’ll be able to modify some fields related to that Contribution, including:
- The associated Fund and Campaign
- Dedication information
- Contribution Note
- Whether the contribution is intended to be Recurring.
- Changing this field alone will not prevent future donations in CanadaHelps.org. Your donor will have to contact us to make any modifications to their original donation.
Editable fields are indicated below:
Note: You will not be able to edit Contributor, Total Amount, Date Received, Source, External Receipt Number, or Advantage Amount fields.
4. Edit all necessary fields and select Save to confirm your modifications.