[Donor Management System] Digital Security Overview
CanadaHelps takes the security of donors and charities very seriously.
In our 20 years, we have maintained a spotless security record as we continuously improve our digital security efforts.
How do we secure your data in the DMS?
All data is 100% secure, private, backed up and remains in Canada
- Our datacentres are located in Canada – the servers have redundant backups and are constantly monitored for security breaches.
- We perform daily backups of all data and store it for up to 30 days. Datacentres are kept physically secure using a number of precautions, including locked cages and cabinets, limited access to the buildings and advanced security and surveillance systems.
- Access to production data including donor and charity PII requires 2-factor authentication, and only authorized personal are granted access. Furthermore, CanadaHelps never stores any credit card details on our servers.
We ensure payment processing is secure
- We follow stringent security standards and maintain the highest level of PCI compliance, currently, 3.2.1 PCI (Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards) is the current gold standard in the industry and was created by major card brands, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX and JCB;
- It is designed to ensure that processing, storing and transmitting credit card information is secure. Learn more about PCI.
- All of our datacentres conform to these high standards that can also be applied to the transmission and storage of any form of sensitive data.
We ensure we are current in all processes and standards
- We have set monthly, quarterly and annual processes to ensure we meet or exceed the latest standards.
- In addition to being fully PCI compliant, we use an external Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) to ensure we are in full compliance.
- We also have an Extended Validation Certificate so that Canadians can trust we have passed a rigorous independent audit of our encryption technology.
- We do monthly vulnerability scans and make the results available on a quarterly basis. The current scan is available upon request.
- CanadaHelps have clear written policies to cope with security breaches.
- We also perform background checks on all employees and require them to read and understand our corporate policies regarding the handling and protection of sensitive data.