[Donor Management System] Configuring your Email Settings
Before you can start sending and receiving emails through your DMS, you’ll need to configure its basic settings.
First Step: Customize your DMS From Email
In order to send and receive as many emails as you need through your DMS, you will be using a From Email Address provided by CanadaHelps.
And even though this is an email provided by us, you can still customize the email’s:
- The name that your donors and DMS Contacts will see when receiving emails.
- We recommend setting this up as the name of your organization.
- You can add multiple Email Names.
- The email address that your donors and DMS Contacts will see when receiving emails.
- We also recommend setting this up as the name of your organization.
- You can only set up one address to be used.
- And you can only set up the first half of the Email Address. The second half will always be @canadahelps.ca.
Adding additional From Email Names
After customizing your DMS From Email, you’ll be able to add additional From Email Names.
1. Go to the Administer Tab
2. Under Communications, select From Email Addresses
3. On the next page, you will see your main DMS From Email. Please don’t edit it.
4. Then, select Add From Email Address
5. Under FROM Email Address, add your desired additional From Name with the following format:
- a: Your additional desired name. It needs to have the quotation marks as indicated on the screenshot.
- b: add the same name as your main DMS From Email from step 3 above. Please don’t change it. It needs to have the “<” as indicated on the screenshot.
- c: Always add @canadahelps.ca. Please don’t change it. It needs to have the “>” as indicated on the screenshot.
6. Leave all the other fields intact and once you’re done, select Save at the bottom right.
7. You will then be able to select this new From Email Name when sending an email through the DMS.
8. To add more From Email Names, repeat the steps above.