Brand Form Tab
1. From your Donation Forms tab, scroll down and select ‘Edit’.
2. Click on the Brand Form tab to reveal this section.
1. If you add a background image, it will appear in all donation form types, regardless of how you share it (i.e., linking to the form’s URL, linking to a CanadaHelps Donate Now button, embedding it on your website).
2. Choose the positioning of your background image (flush left, right, or centre), and toggle on to tile the image.
TIP: Tiling the image is great if your website’s background is made up of a repeated colour-tile. Simply upload the colour tile image here and toggle on ‘Tile Image’.
NOTE: To upload a background image to Multi-Step Forms, the image must be no larger than 5000 x 5000 pixels and 2MB.
TIP: Identify the file size and dimensions of your image:
- Using a PC: Right-click on the image and click Properties. The file size is listed in the General tab and the dimensions in the Details tab.
- Using a Mac: Right-click on the image and click Get Info.
If necessary, resize it using any number of free online tools for resizing images:
3. Use the colour picker to select the colours of your background (if not using a background image), your buttons and links, your title bar text, and your title bar background. Click to view a sample of each section.
TIP: Use a free colour picker tool (widely available online) to grab and match the exact colours of your website or branding.
For multi-step forms, add a translucent overlay over your background image to make text more readable, and choose the colour for the text that’ll appear beside your form.
If you will link your donation form (i.e., not embed it into your webpage, but have it open up in a new tab via a button), you can upload a Custom Logo that is different from your charity’s regular logo. If you don’t upload a logo here, the form will display the same logo that you’ve uploaded to your Profile Page.
TIP: This feature is useful if you are using your donation form to raise funds for a third party.
- If you are linking to a Full Form, your description text will appear at the top of your form under your charity business number.
NOTE: There is no header title when linking to a full form, only Description Text.
Linked Full Form Example:
- If you are linking to a Multi-Step form, you can add a title and description text which will appear beside your donation form when opened up in a new tab.
Linked Multi-Step Form Example:
If you will embed your Full Form into your website, you can add an embedded header image, embedded title, and description text onto your donation form.
NOTE: You will only be able to see these branding options on your Donation Form page when you embed it directly in your site.
If you add a Header Image, below is how each Header Style will appear once the form is embedded in your website:
No image, only title and text:
Thumbnail image (recommended dimensions: 200 x 100 pixels):
Half page width image (left) (recommended dimensions: 361 x 200 pixels):
Half page width image (right) (recommended dimensions: 361 x 200 pixels):
Full page width image (no text, only title) (recommended dimensions: 722 x 200 pixels):
—> Next Steps: Learn about the Analytics tab.