[Donor Management System] Cancelling a Single Tax Receipt
After issuing a Tax Receipt, you can easily cancel it. To prevent mistakes, you are only able to cancel a single Tax Receipt at once.
To fully cancel your Tax Receipt and not have that Contribution double-count on your reporting, you will have to:
- Cancel the Tax Receipt, and
- Change the Contribution Status for that Tax Receipt to Cancelled
Cancelling a Single Tax Receipt
1. Go to the Contributions Tab
2. Search for the specific receipted Contribution you wish to cancel the Tax Receipt for
3. Select the specific Contribution Amount
4. On the next page, select Issue Duplicate Tax Receipt at the top right.
Note: This will not issue a duplicate receipt- this label is due to be updated shortly.
5. You will then see more information about the already receipted Contribution
6. Select Cancel Tax Receipt at the bottom right. Your Contact won’t be notified even if Email and Download has been selected.
7. You can then:
- Download a copy of the Cancelled Tax Receipt by selecting Download and then Issue Duplicate Tax Receipt. This will not issue a duplicate receipt (this label will be updated), or
- Download and send a copy via email of the Cancelled Tax Receipted to your Contact by selecting Email and Download and then Issue Duplicate Tax Receipt. This will not issue a duplicate receipt (this label will be updated)
Changing the Contribution Status to Cancelled
After cancelling the Tax Receipt, you will need to change its Contribution Status to Cancelled.
1. Go to the Contributions Tab and search for the Contribution you wish to modify
2. Select the Contribution’s Amount to see its Details
3. On the Contribution Details page, select Edit on the top right corner of the screen
4. Under Contribution Status, select Cancelled
5. Select Save to edit the Contribution or Save And New to edit the Contribution and create a new one.