[Donor Management System] Your Existing Data in the DMS
To be able to fully utilize the features of CanadaHelps DMS, your existing relevant data must be imported into the DMS.
This article will explain how your existing data work in the DMS after being imported.
- Your existing data can be imported from multiple sources.
- These data sources will map your data to your various tabs and sections in the DMS.
- This source category is synced automatically from your CanadaHelps account, it is set to update on a daily basis and requires no manual input.
Outside of CanadaHelps
- This source category is entered through the DMS directly and requires manual input from the user or our Onboarding Team.
Data Mapped to Contributions
Contributions sourced from CanadaHelps
- Contributions sourced from CanadaHelps will sync automatically on a daily basis along with their corresponding contact these require no manual input from the user.
- In those, payment is handled by CanadaHelps and the payment details are also synced automatically
Contributions sourced outside of CanadaHelps
- Contributions entered through the DMS directly require manual input from the user.
- Please note these contributions include both:
- Ones entered individually
- Ones entered as part of a batch entry,
- As well as contributions where the payment:
- Was processed through the DMS
- Was received through cash, cheque, a third party, etc.
Data Mapped to Contacts
Contacts sourced from CanadaHelps
- Contacts sourced from CanadaHelps will sync automatically on a daily basis along with their corresponding contributions.
- These require no manual input from the user.
Contacts sourced outside of CanadaHelps
- Contacts entered through the DMS directly require manual input from the user.