What does a CanadaHelps Charity Account cost?
There is no charge to open a CanadaHelps account for charities.
CanadaHelps is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to increase charitable giving, and it’s critical to our mission that we pass along as much as possible out of every dollar we collect.
Like all online transactions, online charitable gifts are subject to transaction processing fees from banks, credit card companies and/or supporting brokerage firm. To ensure our fee structure is as simple and transparent as possible, our fees include the payment processing costs.
These are the fees we collect on donations in order to keep CanadaHelps running:
|Profile Account||Full Fundraising Account|
|Customizable Donation Forms – One-time and Monthly Donations||—||3.5%|
|Your Charity Profile on CanadaHelps.org – One Time Donation||4.0%||4.0%|
|Your Charity Profile on CanadaHelps.org – Monthly Donation||3.5%||3.5%|
|Donations to your Charity Peer-to-peer Social Fundraising Campaign||—||4.9%|
|Securities Donations||2.0 – 3.0%*||2.0 – 3.0%*|
* 3% fee applies to donations less than $10,000; 2.5% fee applies to donations between $10,000-$49,999; 2.25% fee applies to donations between $50,000-$99,999; 2% fee applies to donations $100,000+.
That’s it. There are no hidden fees.
We do not charge charities to:
- Open or maintain a CanadaHelps account
- Set-up electronic fund transfers for donations they receive
- Customize and manage their charity profile and campaigns on CanadaHelps.org
- Create custom-branded donation and fundraising pages
- Access real-time donation reporting information
- Benefit from the advocacy work we do in support of small to medium-sized charities
- And, we’re committed to keeping our educational tools for charities free or very affordable
There is also no charge to open a CanadaHelps account for donors.